1. San Diego IPMS Meeting on Friday, December 14 at the Girl Scouts Headquarters, 1231 Upas Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Please enter the compound from Richmond Street. The doors open at 6:30 PM and the meeting starts at 7:00 PM. See the IPMS San Diego Calendar for more information.
- Our annual pizza party.
- Please bring an ongoing project to discuss at the meeting.
- M1 Abrams build continues.
2. San Diego IPMS has been approached by the SD-based Tailhook Association to support the movie “TOP GUN II”. The support requested is in the form of providing aircraft models that will be used as background in the casual “I-Bar” scenes. Here are the overall guidelines:
a. MOST IMPORTANT: NONE OF THE DONATED MODELS WILL BE RETURNED
b. Models need to be finished and can be of any era, scale, fixed or rotary, or Service. Threat model should also be considered.
c. No Dioramas or models attached to bases, the models will be hung from the ceiling.
d. The model doesn’t have to be perfect as this isn’t an IPMS sanctioned contest, these models are for scenery. However, don’t just throw something together or send dirty/broken models. You are representing our/your Club and our hobby.
e. Timeline: No specific deadline has been provided, but the sooner the better for the set designers.
f. Where: Drop off models at: Tailhook Association
POC: Mark Aldrich, 9696 Businesspark Ave. Scripps Ranch Phone: 858-689-9227, email@example.com]
3. The San Diego Model Car Club will meet on 18 December starting at 6:30 PM at the San Diego Automotive Museum. (http://www.sdmodelcarclub.org)
4. The San Diego Air and Space Modeling Group will not meet this month.
5. The Secret Society of Model Builders meets the second Sunday of the month at 6:00 pm at:
“At Ease Games”
8990 Miramar Rd #140
San Diego, CA 92126
-They have a forum for hosting models and discussions at: http://sdmodelclub.com/
6. The San Diego Ship Modelers Guild meets the second Tuesday of each month at the San Diego Maritime Museum, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., San Diego, CA 92101. New website: http://www.sdshipmodelersguild.org
7. Pendleton AMPS San Diego meets the 3rd Saturday of the month at American Legion Post 282, 8118 University Ave. La Mesa, CA 91944-0265. Contact Paul Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
8. Valley Con 2019 will be held at the Pasadena Convention Center on 3 March from 9 am until 4 pm. The address is 300 East Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91101.